St. John the Evangelist Church
Client | St. John's Church
Project Location | Attleboro, MA
Date of Completion | 2018
Project Size | 10,000 s.f.
Budget | $1.5 million
The Challenge: Address ongoing water infiltration and masonry deterioration.
- Constructed in 1932 in the Gothic Revival style, St. John the Evangelist Church remains an important community asset in downtown Attleboro.
- Wessling Architects was hired to evaluate and restore the historic building envelope.
- Work being performed includes a new slate roof and copper flashings, repair of decorative copper roofing and the central spire, and new low slope flat-seam copper roofing.
- Evaluation and documentation of repairs to historic masonry including cast stone failures, displaced granite, and deteriorated mortar joints.
- Restoration of this beautiful building will help ensure this structure is ready for the next 100 years.