One Beacon Street
Client | CBRE New England
Project Location | Boston, MA
Project Size | 1,500 s.f. Plaza
Date of Completion | Phase 1: Winter 2017, Phase 2: Summer 2018
Budget | $500,000 (approx.)
The Challenge: Protect and extend the life of the property, but also allow the continued use without disruption to the day-to-day activities to the plaza.
- Pemberton Square Plaza sits between the historic district of Beacon Hill and Government Center. The plaza is part of One Beacon Street which contains offices, restaurants, and a public parking garage.
- The original railing systems, waterproofing system and existing sealant joints reached their serviceable life expectancy and needed to be replaced.
- Careful removal and storage of the existing granite stones & pavers to be restored and reinstalled.
- Removal of the existing stair waterproofing system and replacing with a more durable system.
- Installed a new custom railing and anchoring system to handle the heavy use and daily foot traffic.
- The property owners were delivered a high-performance system that not only enhanced the beauty of the plaza, but also provided durable, low-maintenance products that could withstand the impacts of a downtown gateway environment.