Client | Logan Park Elderly Housing
Project Location | Braintree, MA
Project Size | 4.5 Stories, 100 Units
Date of Completion | August 2012
Budget | $585,000
The Challenge: After 25+ years of exposure to the New England weather, the EIFS facade became deteriorated and was allowing water to infiltrate the building. Project was completed while the building remained fully occupied.
- Complete extensive building review and analysis.
- Complete EIFS removal back to existing sheathing, replacement of sheathing, application of waterproofing and flashing and a new EIFS system.
- Interior designers and architectural studio worked together to select new color schemes for the exterior facade.
- The building envelope specialists worked on making design changes to the architectural features, making them more suitable for the northeast environment while maintaining the welcoming aesthetic of the building.
- Technical details included the design of the systems to integrate with many existing features including: the double hung vinyl replacement windows, the steep sloped asphalt roof drip edge, and the intersection of an existing addition.