Boston College Roof Replacements
Client | Boston College
Project Location | Boston, MA
Date of Completion | September 2016
Project Size | 40,000 s.f. (3 Buildings)
Budget | $700,000
The Challenge: To perform design, documentation and construction work for three buildings under tight frame frames to help the Owner meet necessary schedules and minimize the disruption of these active buildings.
- Evaluation of existing roof conditions and assemblies including test cuts of existing ballasted EPDM roofs.
- Designing and detailing new fully-adhered EPDM roofing systems for two buildings.
- Designing and detailing new copper roofs, flashings, and slate repairs on a third building.
- Bidding support and Construction Administration.
- Work performed concurrently on all three buildings to provide a more cost effective project to the Owner. Work included maintaining nearly continual use of science labs with multiple exhaust systems and a clean room directly below the roof.